Friday 16 December 2011

Prayer..

Last night I said a little prayer...

I am not a religious person, but I do believe in the power of prayer - my own interpretation of the concept of prayer that is. To me, prayer is taking time to quietly process your thoughts by talking them through in your mind, as if explaining them silently to someone else.

The fact that there is no-one really there listening makes it easier.. thoughts can really be unhindered. No need to have politeness, etiquette, manners in the back of your mind. The thoughts can just come. And by mentally verbalising them, I feel the healing power of simply talking though worries, concerns, thankfulness..

..and somtimes an answer just presents itself, or the problem seems less significant, or the thankfulness feels aknowledged.

So, last night, I said a little prayer for my daughter. Because I love her so very much - so enormously, overwhelming, heartbreaking much. And I blessed her in my mind with motherly love, and I hoped that our current challenge would resolve..

and as I prayed, my daughter hummed 'Away in a manger' to herself as she fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment